Thursday 24 February 2011

Women's Drive will resonate from Mumbai to Lavasa

When I go for a drive with a man, family will say ‘Enjoy the ride’, but when I go for a drive with women, they will say ‘Be careful’

Why? huh?

I have heard many rude comments on woman drivers made by sulky men who cannot accept the fact that women are equally good and talented

And there is another breed of community who believes in women’s abilities and has been organizing ‘Lavasa Women’s drive’.

Every year, about 350 cars start from Mumbai and culminate at Lavasa. This is the third year and each year it seems to get bigger and bigger event.


This year, fun filled event will be held on 27th February 2011. The Women’s drive will flag off from Bandra at 7am and end in Lavasa, where the participants will enjoy music, games and celebrity performance.

And now comes the exciting part, that although I cannot drive a car, nor know any participant with whom I can tag along…but lucky that I am.........guess what?...er... I am invited as a guest and I will be happy to blog about it

So…watch this space……..wink* wink*

No comments:

The name "Bombay" was derived from 'Bom Bahia' (The Good Bay),

.... a name given by Portuguese sailor Francis Almeida, in 1508 ....“Bounce back Mumbai” .....as it is called by the locals, it is a city that has been through a lot in the recent past – floods, bomb blasts, riots – and come out stronger each time.

Whats the Time Please?

Live Exchange Rates

Do you love what you read here? .....Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... pmoorjani@yahoo.com