Sunday, 17 May 2009
Things to prove that we're Mumbaite......
1. We say 'town ' and expect everyone to know that this means south of Churchgate.
2 We speak in a dialect of Hindi called 'Bambaiya Hindi', which only Bombayites can understand.. and it is called Hinglish. If you irritate someone, he will say "hey. don't do my bheja fry, ok!" and did you know that chuddy buddy is a childhood friend, and time pass is something that is not necessarily constructive. samja kya?
3. We have door with more than three locks and we have atleast four sets of keys. and one set of keys is always with the neighbour who is always trust-worthy.
4. We try to fit Rs 500 worth of groceries in one paper bag.
5. Train timings ( 9.27 , 10.49 etc) are really important events of life.
6. We spend more time each month traveling than at home.
7. We can manage in 8' x 10' clustered room and it is called a living room...
8.. We're paying Rs 10,000 for a 1 room flat, the size of walk-in closet and we think it's a 'steal.'
9. We have different sets of friend: school friends, college friends, neighborhood friends, office friends and yes, train friends, a species unique only in Mumbai .
10.. Cabbies and bus conductors think we are from Mars if we call the roads by their Indian name, they are more familiar with Warden Road, Peddar Â Road, Altamount Road .
11... Stock market quotes are the only other thing* besides cricket which we follow passionately.
12. The first thing that we read in the Times of India is the ' Bombay Times' supplement.
13. We take fashion seriously. We're suspicious of strangers who are actually nice to us.
14. There are hookers, beggars and the homeless at every signal and they keep us entertianed till the light turns green.
15. We compare Bombay to New York 's Manhattan instead of any other cities of India .
16. The most frequently used part of our car is the horn.
17. We insist on calling CST as VT, and Sahar and Santacruz airports instead of Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport .
18. We consider eye contact an act of overt aggression.
19. Our idea of personal space is no one actually standing on our toes.
20.. Being truly alone makes us nervous.
21. We love wading through knee deep mucky water in the monsoons, and actually call it ''romantic'.
22. Only in Mumbai, we can treat our friends Chinese Dosa and Jain Chicken
The name "Bombay" was derived from 'Bom Bahia' (The Good Bay),
.... a name given by Portuguese sailor Francis Almeida, in 1508 ....“Bounce back Mumbai” .....as it is called by the locals, it is a city that has been through a lot in the recent past – floods, bomb blasts, riots – and come out stronger each time.
Live Exchange Rates
Do you love what you read here? .....Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... email@example.com