Wednesday 7 October 2009

35 minutes at Bandra Station

Ooops! Just missed my AC bus from Bandra to Belapur and now I have to wait for 35 minutes on this hot day. I look around for a seat but can see no bench to sit..



There is too much crowd on the street outside Bandra station but there is enough room for hawkers to do their business, and why not? When people will patronize these hawkers and encourage them, then who am I to complain???



The entire footpath outside Bandra station is occupied by dhabba wallah and by animals. Hundreds of people are waiting in queue, but, in the middle of the road, dodging the busy traffic. There is no rickshaw stand and auto rickshaw guy may or may not give them a ride. I am thinking whether auto/taxi is a private transport where people have to ask a favor of a driver to drop them to their destination on his way towards a particular direction?




I really like this architecture, the fine wood work pillars and high arched walls of Bandra station but discomfort is the order of the day. I am tired and perspiring; finally I see the bus…….




Should I go for voting next week?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have the reason to vote.

The name "Bombay" was derived from 'Bom Bahia' (The Good Bay),

.... a name given by Portuguese sailor Francis Almeida, in 1508 ....“Bounce back Mumbai” .....as it is called by the locals, it is a city that has been through a lot in the recent past – floods, bomb blasts, riots – and come out stronger each time.

Whats the Time Please?

Live Exchange Rates

Do you love what you read here? .....Copy, churn, reproduce, share or imitate....knowledge is for sharing....But, do acknowledge me, or better still.... send me a copy....... pmoorjani@yahoo.com